(:

progress

Monday, July 19, 2010

A quote, some much needed realizations, and tons of pictures!

"Weight loss isn't about willpower or motivation; it's just the cumulative effect of tiny actions over time. Putting down the chocolate bars, putting on the running shoes. You just have to keep picking yourself up when you fall, over and over again, for however long it takes."
-the amazing adventures of dietgirl

I've been maintaining around 197 for the past month... or two. It's also been a crazy wonderful summer. I've had my first summer class, Jeremy's birthday, my birthday, a trip to Atlanta... and I'm looking forward to a wedding this weekend, the beach the next, Jeremy moving up early, and then the Zac Brown Band concert!

I didn't want worry about my weight to get in the way of enjoying all these things, so I've only been mildly aware of my body and what I've been putting into it for the past coupla months. But, what I need to realize is that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I can enjoy these special occasions without completely falling off the wagon. And I also realize that it's good that I haven't GAINED and that just because I haven't been super healthy... doesn't mean I've undone all the good progress I've made in prior months.

I need to find a balance, because this whole summer it's been letting everything go and by the time I'm back on track... I'm letting everything go again for some other trip. This has got to stop -- it's a lifestyle change that I need to make work no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I allow myself everything in moderation, so why do I feel the need to eat all the great food in front of me like I'll never get to taste it ever again? I've never been good at balance, but here's to making more of an effort to not freak out the next month with all the exciting things I'm going to have going on.

On a lighter note... Pictures? Oh yeah. (:


Panorama from the top of a parking deck. Click the pictures to see the bigger, better versions! (:


This is the background on my computer now. So pretty!


Jellyfish are fascinating, terrifying creatures to me.


My favorite of us from the trip, squinty eyes and all. ♥


Sweet colory thing in the aquarium. haha 8)


THE CUTEST FISH EVERRR!

Big shark!


So many people there to see all the fishies.


Beautiful shot. (:


Sea dragon!


Us at the Hard Rock Cafe (:

My favorite player! I don't know if any of you saw the Braves game on the 15th, but he ran face first into the wall and got right back up and finished the game!

Awesome panorama of the field from our awesome seats!

Not zoomed in. Nope, we were in the first row!


Two pretty cute Braves fans. (:

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I love the last photo of you two!
    I've been to a couple of braves games. They are always a good time.

    And I completely agree with you about the whole weight loss thing. I'm working on little changes. Like today I grabbed a sprite, took a couple drinks and then decided that I was better off without it, so I just threw it in the trash. I wanted a taste, so that is exactly what I gave myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're finally back! I was starting to get worried. Glad to hear you and the boy had a good time, your aquarium pictures are awesome. [speaking of those jellyfish terrify me also, like reallllly terrify me haha]. Good job maintaining while you were away, I gained about 5 pounds during my stay in Pittsburgh =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back again :)
    Stay strong and i hope you figure out the small changes you can do to help you reach your goals. Even if you indulge yourself once in a while with a nice sweet treat :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you and Jeremy have been having a wonderful time together. That's good you maintained while being gone, that's usually difficult for me. So major cudos.I hope the wedding goes well, as well as the rest of your summer vacation. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun trip! I, too am trying to find a good balance between living life in the summer and sticking to my goals. You have maintained without really trying, so you are doing great! And it sounds like you have found new focus.

    I love the Zac Brown Band! Have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, there are always going to be reunions, birthdays, graduations, etc. You can't just say "its grandmas birthday" and eat your way through the weekend.

    It is a lifestyle - I too have lost the all or nothing. I used to be so strict, and if I ate an extra piece of pizza, I'd be pissed at myself and then going on an eating binge that might last weeks.

    Love the baseball fan picture! My husband and I are avid White Sox fans!

    ReplyDelete